As one of the world's leading biopharmaceutical companies, our client Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter Future to people worldwide. To further strengthen the local team for Medical Affairs, PDT, at the site in 1220 Vienna, Takeda is seeking for a
Global Medical Lead PDT- Specialty Care (m/w/d)
The Plasma-Derived Therapies (PDT) R&D Organization is dedicated to bringing forward new plasma-derived therapies for patients with immunologic, hematologic, and other complex diseases.
- Develop the overall medical strategy for the assigned therapeutic area - rare hereditary diseases/Alpha 1 Antitrypsin Deficiency in alignment with regional- and local medical functions and Medical centers of excellence.
- Lead the execution of the PDT global medical affairs activities in collaboration with the Medical Unit Head and Global Medical Leads to ensure quality and timely delivery of medical affairs activities according to the respective medical strategic plans
- Regular attendance at medical conferences and symposia including development of medical booth content
- Provide scientific leadership contributing to launch and life-cycle management to translate medical strategy into medical communication plans and activities and ensure the assimilation, dissemination and archival of all content created for the assigned therapeutic area
- Lead and be accountable for resolving Commercial - Medical - Legal - Regulatory (CMLR) questions and provide leadership in concept design and approval of promotional and non-promotional materials
- Execute the publication strategy based on medical strategies, publication obligations; collaborate with medical publications agencies and external authors
- Contribute to creation and management of the budget and reporting for the assigned area
- A medical or scientific degree (MD, PharmD, PhD, MS) is required
- A medical background in pulmonology or internal medicine, or experience with plasma derived pharmaceuticals is preferred
- Several years of experience in the biopharmaceutical industry, preferably within a matrix structureExpertise in managing vendors and complex projects
- Strong knowledge of international regulatory and legal guidelines regarding medical communication/publication approaches as well as best practices
- Exceptional communication, negotiation, presentation, and influencing skills across internal and external stakeholders to engender credibility and confidence within and outside the company
- Ability to identify potential challenges and opportunities and make strategic recommendations
- Required travel up to 25%, including international trips, overnight stays, and some weekend commitments
- Ability to work in a hybrid work model, virtually and on-site in our Vienna Office
Takeda fosters a collaborative workplace, driven by integrity - one of Takeda's long-held values that extends to both the patients they serve and their employees who develop and deliver medicines.
The minimum salary for this position is € 5.521,43 gross per month (full time, collective wage agreement for the chemical industry), due to your professional experience and your qualifications an increased payment is intended.
If we have inspired your interest, we look forward to receiving your meaningful application via www.randstad.at!
We draw your attention to the fact that your application documents in their entirety, including all personal data contained therein, will be forwarded to Takeda for the purpose of carrying out the application procedure and the pre-selection....