Our client Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is a leading global, value-driven, research-based biopharmaceutical company headquartered in Japan. In Austria, Takeda operates along the entire pharmaceutical value chain: research & development, plasma application, manufacturing and distribution. Takeda is the largest pharmaceutical employer in Austria. Every day, around 4,500 employees help to ensure that medicines from Austria reach the whole world and that patients in Austria have access to innovative medicines from Takeda. The Austrian product portfolio helps patients in the fields of oncology, hemophilia and genetic diseases, gastroenterology and immunology, among others. In 2020 and 2021, Takeda was recognized as a Top Employer and Great Place to Work in Austria.
To further strengthen and extend the local team for PDT Pharma Sci and Devices/ Analytical Development, at the site in 1220 Vienna, Takeda is seeking for a
Research Scientist CMC (f/m/x)
who is experienced in analytical methods like Enzyme linked immunosorbent assays, refractometry, total protein assays, chromogenic activity assays, HPLC methods, mass spectrometry for the characterization of plasma products, plasma samples, or intermediates from plasma fractionation.
- Representation of Analytical Development in Pharmaceutical Science project meetings as SME (subject matter expert)
- Issuing study plans and study reports
- Maintenance of established methods and development of improved or new methods
- Outsourcing of analytical methods to CROs or to internal QC
- Implementation of new equipment and equipment upgrades
- Literature research
- Independent planning and accurate performing of analysis
- Critical evaluation and approval of test results, and diligent documenting of experimental work
Current analytics in lab with continuous expansion of analytics: characterization of proteins by UV spectrometry, nephelometry, ELISA, chromogenic activity assays, electrophoresis and Western Blotting (SDS-PAGE, Biotechne Maurice, Biotechne Jess), UHPLC, protein interaction studies (Biacore and Octet HTX), LC-MS with CROs
- PhD or Master degree in analytical chemistry, biotechnology or equivalent, with relevant scientific work experience
- Experience in laboratory work within the last years in life sciences
- Experience from QC department, method transfer, method validation is nice to have
- Profound know-how in analytical method development (Elisa, chromogenic activity assays, HPLC, mass spectrometry)
- Proficiency in protein chemistry or instrumental analytics, scientific working
- Knowledge of GxP- guidelines, laboratory related quality and safety guidelines
- Understanding of state-of-the-art technologies within the scientific community in life sciences
- Technically skilled and independent, diligent, and proactive workstyle
- Analytical and critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent English and German skills fluently spoken and written
The minimum salary for this position is € 3.389,68 gross per month (full time, collective agreement for the chemical industry), due to your professional experience and your qualifications an increased payment is intended. The contract will be limited for 2 years, an extension of the contract is possible.
If we have inspired your interest, we look forward to receiving your meaningful application via www.randstad.at!
We draw your attention to the fact that your application documents in their entirety, including all personal data contained therein, will be forwarded to Takeda for the purpose of carrying out the application procedure and the pre-selection.